Thursday, March 26, 2015

Colour Pop Lippie Stix

I first heard of Colour Pop Cosmetics from my dear friend Katie. Katie is a lover of all things bright, fun and glittery but with an added dark side that you don't see coming. Therefore naturally, I love and adore Katie. She had been going on...and on...and on about the amazing brand, Colour Pop. But I hate online shopping. I am basically Veruca Salt; if you don't know who that is or the orgininal Willy Wonka please leave...just kidding...When it comes to online shopping, I want it now. *insert tantrum* Which is probably the leading reason I waited until now to order something from Colour Pop. Their online store is also bright and fun, and very user friendly. But more importantly, the most expensive item is only $8 (their blushes). Their eye shadows, lippie stix and lip pencils are only $5. Ammmmazing, right?! Also, when you purchase $30, which is easy to do, you get free shipping. I mean really, its a win win. I went the conservative route and only purchased two lippie stix.

I ordered Lumiere which is a really pretty mauve color. It's flattering on all skin tones and can easily be darkened by using a dark lip liner under it. Lumiere is very neutral and can go from day to night. Colour Pop worked with YouTube Vlogger KathleenLights to come up with the shade. Here's a photo that I took below, unedited and in daylight. 


The second lippie stix I purchased was Leather, its a fun true purple. I made the mistake of not purchasing the matching lip pencils for either color. I would definitely recommend getting the lip liner, especially for the dark colors. I struggled getting the color on without getting it all over my face.  Here's a swatch of Leather below also in natural light and unedited: 


Both colors were very pigmented and have great staying power, very similar to MAC lipsticks but with an $11 savings. I tend to go towards matte lip colors, but they have five other finishes. Their lippie stix come in cream, glossy, hyper-glossy, pearlized and satin. I definitely plan on purchasing a few more colors, and venturing into other finishes  . 

What lipsticks do you gravitate towards? Are you a neutral lip lover or a bold gal? Post your comments or questions below! 

XOXO,
Jessica 


2 comments:

  1. I'm more of a natural lip gal myself but love bright and/or dark colors on others. I'm loving that Lumiere color! I may have to purchase it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be so flattering on your complexion Kaitlin! And you can't beat the price.

    ReplyDelete