Monday, August 31, 2015

Who, What + Where

                  It's been nearly four months since I've last blogged. In that time, I've had a new bundle of poop love, and we are slowly starting to form something that resembles a schedule. Huzzah!! He is currently napping, and while I could be doing other things like folding the large pile of laundry staring at me (nope, not today), or cleaning the bathroom (I'll pass thanks), I decided to enjoy another cup of decaf (pretending its regular) and figured I'd add a new post. He and his sister are definitely the light of my poop stained life. While I haven't been active on the blog, I have continued to play with beauty products. Once a hoarder, always a hoarder. Am I right?!

                  On the rare occasion the stars align and I manage to both wash my hair and do my make up, I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to give the new Too Faced foundation called Born This Way a try. The foundation has currently been popular on YouTube and Instagram, and before jumping on the bandwagon, I went to my local Sephora for a sample. Whenever I wear makeup, my ride or die foundation has been NARS All Day Luminous (do we need an in-depth review?) I'm your classic case of oily skin, and before committing to a new foundation I get a sample. I probably spend more time contemplating the longevity of my foundation relationship than I do my actual relationship. (Hi hon, glad you don't actually read this!) 

With this foundation I used Makeup Forever Primer and Laura Mercier setting powder.  

First impression: very full coverage (not a negative just a fact), blends easily and a natural finish. I used a Real Techniques stippling brush to apply and a Beauty Blender to remove some of the excess foundation. 

Wear: I would say with my oily skin, it only had a three hour wear life before it was an oily mess. We are talking disco ball central on my face. It did start to separate around my nose, and I felt it did show my pores more then I would have like (generally not at all). 

I'm willing to give this foundation another try before saying its a full on "no" for me. I'm going to try it with another primer and perhaps set it with a matte powder. I do however think this would be gorgeous on someone with dry/normal skin. 

Have you tried this foundation? What are your thoughts? What should I try next? 

Xoxo,
Jessica Lynn 





No comments:

Post a Comment