Sunday, April 26, 2015

Tips + Tricks: Lip Liner

Lip Liner has definitely had a resurgence the last few years, but most recently due to the "Kylie lip". Here are some tips and tricks to applying lip liner and making it last. 

Step One: 
Moisturized lips! I always apply Rose lip salve before any lip stick. And exfoliate! Lipstick will cling to dried skin. I'll share a quick DIY lip scrub soon.




Step Two: 
X marks the stop. Apply an X on the top of your lips to help define the Cupid's bow. Also, start with a line at the center of your lower lips. 

Step Three:
Connect the lines on the outside of your lips to the tops of your X. Also draw connect the lower line to the rest of your lips. 


Step Four:
Color inside the lines. By doing this step you'll achieve more color pay off. Also, lip stick will fade much faster than liner. This way you're not left with the dreaded line around your lip. Because girl, trust, it's not cute. 

Step Five:
Apply your lip stick. I went with a fun bright fushia from NYX. 


Step Six (optional):
I applied a light beige liner around my lips to help further define them. Also, I am prone to my lipstick feathering and this helps act as a dam to keep that damn lipstick in. 



And you're done! 

Seems like a lot of steps but I feel it's necessary to avoid having to constantly reapply. Ain't nobody got time for that. I do feel matte lipsticks last longer than a satin or shiny stick. What are your thoughts? Any lipstick or liner tricks to share? Leave them in the comment section below! 

XOXO,
Jessica Lynn 


1 comment: