Monday, April 6, 2015

Curls curls curls

Let me start by saying, I'm not very proficient with hair. I can do the basics like blow dry, flat iron and the occasional curling, but it’s guaranteed that I will burn myself. I have a lovely scar on my shoulder thanks to my curling wand. A gift, a simple reminder, that I'm not a hair stylist. Nor will I ever be. Knowing these facts about myself has yet to stop me from attempting what the hair gods can do. However, I don't want to spend a whole lot of time on my hair. I'm lazy, yes I said it. Sorry Lindsey (my hair goddess)! I recently saw this on Pinterest, where let’s face it, most of us get our bright ideas. Typically my Pinterest attempts end in utter failure, this one however did not!

Supplies I used:
- 1 inch barrel curling iron 
- Bobby pins 
- hair tie 
- hair spray 



I started with clean dry hair (typically only wash my hair every other day, sometimes every two days). Then I separated it into sections and began to curl my hair in large chunks, always curling under and pinning with a bobby pin. I would recommend going to a local hair supply store and purchasing the pins stylist use, more than a few times I had to rearrange the pin. This was a totally inefficient way to hold my hair up, lesson learned! I held the bottom portion of my hair longer than the top, I find that for myself the bottom curls don’t hold up as well as the top. Anyone else have that issue?




Once my whole head was curled and secured in pins, I used a light coating of hair spray. I used what I had on hand, which frankly I don’t love. Do you have a hair spray you’re in love with? I got this one for free, which is the only reason it’s still around. Ideally you want to keep your hair pinned for 30 minutes, but a minimum of 10 will do. I was short on time today, and just let my hair cool completely before pulling them out. I've found that anytime I curl my hair, it’s crucial to allow the curl to completely cool off before running my fingers or brush through it. I found myself liking this hair style as the day went on and the curls relaxed.

I love that this look is polished without a lot of effort and easy enough for anyone to enjoy! I can’t wait to try this method when my hair is longer and with a larger barrel curling iron. Let me know if you decide to give it a try or if you have any hair tricks to share. Leave them in the comment section below.


XOXO,
Jessica Lynn 


No comments:

Post a Comment